Bug prevents Rev from building a standalone PC application

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Fri Aug 10 01:57:08 EDT 2007

Hi Jacquie and Arthur,

Just wanted to say that i've encountered the same problem in Win2003 and
2.8.1 build 470.
Nothing made it work and the rev install is totally clean - no mods or
externals or anything.
The script so basic i couldn't believe it. Compiled right away on
Metacard...

Regards,
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 10/08/2007 07:51:42:

> Arthur Rann wrote:
> > This is getting ridiculous. I just copied and pasted *3 lines of text*
> > from the project that wouldn't build, into an older project that does,
> > and blammo, neither will build now.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Did you change any of the standalone settings after moving the text? Are

> the stacks password protected? It's okay to set a password in the
> standalone settings, but the build will fail if you've password
> protected the stack manually before building.
>
> If neither of these is the case, then send a copy of the stack that
> fails to <support at runrev.com>. They can look at it on Monday and if
> there is anything wrong with the standalone builder it can be diagnosed
> and fixed.
>
> The support queue doesn't do well with large enclosures, so if the stack

> is large, it is better to include a link to a download stored on a
> server somewhere. The team can download the stack and see what's wrong.
> You shouldn't be getting errors like you describe.
>
> --

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg RC Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream
International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER