Bug prevents Rev from building a standalone PC application

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 10 01:51:42 EDT 2007

Arthur Rann wrote:
> This is getting ridiculous. I just copied and pasted *3 lines of text*
> from the project that wouldn't build, into an older project that does,
> and blammo, neither will build now.
>
> Any suggestions?

Did you change any of the standalone settings after moving the text? Are
the stacks password protected? It's okay to set a password in the
standalone settings, but the build will fail if you've password
protected the stack manually before building.

If neither of these is the case, then send a copy of the stack that
fails to <support at runrev.com>. They can look at it on Monday and if
there is anything wrong with the standalone builder it can be diagnosed
and fixed.

The support queue doesn't do well with large enclosures, so if the stack
is large, it is better to include a link to a download stored on a
server somewhere. The team can download the stack and see what's wrong.
You shouldn't be getting errors like you describe.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com