Recording sounds -- delay in starting?

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Tue Aug 7 17:14:26 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

This is the script I'm using:

on RecordWord
  set cursor to watch
  disable button "Record"
  put the milliseconds into tStart
  record sound file "compare.wav"
  put (the milliseconds - tStart) && "ms" into field "Record"
  set the cursor to arrow
  enable button "Stop"
end RecordWord

field "Record" shows anywhere from "2000 ms" to "3800 ms."  I wish I
could get rid of the delay :).

I haven't tried it on the Mac yet (or on an earlier version of Rev).  I
have QT 7.2.0 installed.

Is there any way to record without using QT?  I tried settting dontUseQT
to true and then my standalone doesn't record anything.