Substacks vs. Backgrounds

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Aug 7 12:01:38 EDT 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 09:36:37 -0400, Mikey wrote:

> I've run into what might be a bug in the way that groups are
> represented as backgrounds (or maybe not), but this brings up an
> interesting question - groups/backgrounds or substacks?  Do we have a
> preference?  Other than some minor semantics in the scripts, is there
> any compelling reason to go one way or the other?

Well, to me, substacks are like regular stacks, just without a separate
on-disk representation. I usually use them for secondary windows, tool
palettes, dialog boxes, etc. Groups/backgrounds are for sharing objects
across multiple cards in a stack, so they really aren't very much like
substacks, IMHO. Can you provide more info as to how you're viewing
substacks/groups and what you want to accomplish?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/