Inserting images as BLOBs - any way to avoid using base64encode?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Aug 7 00:46:58 EDT 2007

On 6/8/07 8:46 PM, "Andre Garzia" <andre at andregarzia.com> wrote:

Hi Andre,
Hi Terry,

1) If DBMS is REALLY fine to work with BLOBs then no need use any encodings.
    The fact you need use encoding (i.e. Convert it into TEXT form),
    says that DB cannot keep true BLOBs.

    I believe that e.g. Valentina and mySQL do not require encodings.

2) Andre, as you know we have "Valentina for Director", and developers of
Director ARE the most heavy users of MEDIA contents. So we see that really
some of them keep movies, pictures in separate folder, but some developers
choose Valentina EXACTLY BECAUSE it is able effectively store BLOBs inside
of DB files, and even COMPRESS and ENCRYPT them. Encryption is important for
developers who sale CD/DVD with commercial content.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology