Getting table and field names

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Aug 6 16:27:49 EDT 2007

Mikey-

> I'm looking all over but I can't find SQL commands to use with ODBC to
> extract the table names for a database, and once I have those to
> extract the column names for a table.  My SQL is pretty darn rusty, in
> case you couldn't figure that out already.

Jan has already given you most of the info, but just to make this clear:
there's no definitive standard way to get a list of tables through SQL
commands. It will depend on what type of database is being used and the
information is not always easy to dig up. The code Jan supplied will return
the table lists for MSAccess and PostgreSQL - anything else and you're
pretty much on your own.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net