Getting table and field names

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 15:48:16 EDT 2007

--- Mikey <mikeythek at gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, so to save me from poking all over the place,
> I'm assuming that
> revdb_tablenames is a command not handled somewhere
> else, right?

The function 'revdb_tablenames' is implemented in the
Revolution database library, a set of external
commands and functions programmed in C++ as an
extension to the Revolution engine.

So the source code is not part of the Revolution IDE;
however, you can access the frontscript 'revDatabase'
by opening the Message Box (in the menu 'Tools') - go
to the 'Front scripts' panel, and tick the 'Show
Revolution UI front scripts' checkbox.

Then you can doubleclick the line 'revDatabase' and
take a good look at that frontscript; beware, as this
may be overwhelming for those without an intimate
knowledge of Revolution messaging mechanics.

If you want to learn how frontscripts fit in the
larger picture of the Revolution message handling, go
to:
<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/revolution_message_path.html>
This article entitled 'Extending the Runtime
Revolution Message Path' by Richard Gaskin, is the
best way to understand where to place your own
handlers and functions.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====