registry in Vista & command line path

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sun Aug 5 08:19:00 EDT 2007

I have two questions.

1. In XP (running under Parallels)  when I get $1 in a standalone
after double clicking my document icon,  the path appears truncated.
The first six letters of each directory (upper case) followed by a
tilda.  If someone could shed some light on how I can use this path
to open the document...

2.  I appear to be setting the registry correctly in XP - document
icons are set correctly, queryRegistry() returns my app name, and
double clicking a document icon launches my app... of course I can't
open the document yet  :  )  - however, my next problem is in Vista.
While my custom document icons still show up correctly, double
clicking the document just brings up a dialog box:  "Windows cannont
access the specified device, path or file.  You may not have the
appropriate permissions to access the item."  Any ideas what might
cause this?  (I'm running Vista Business, also in Parallels.)

Rev 2.8.1

Any thoughts appreciated!

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software