Reading Dos text (Cp850, Cp437, Cp1252)

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 11:46:15 EDT 2007

--- Malte Brill <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> anyone got a pointer how to read text in those
> formats and get it to
> display correctly? (including umlauts and stuff.)
>
> Cp850, Cp437, Cp1252
>
> All the best,
>
> Malte

As Mark mentioned, the best way is to provide
conversion tables in the form of custom property sets.
I recommend that you read the text file with the
"binfile:" method and then work with the charToNum of
each character as your index. That way, Revolution
doesn't try and help you by converting some characters
before you get to them.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====