moving resources out of a resource fork

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 21:58:41 EDT 2007

On 8/3/07, Jeff Reynolds <jeff at siphonophore.com> wrote:
> Im starting to do a port of an old hypercard stack i have to a new
> Rev app. The old stack has a pile of pict resources and i need to
> export them all out. I can easily access them and copy them with
> resedit or rezilla, but i remember having an old os9 app that would
> take and export all the pict resources out of a resource fork to pict
> files in bulk. I cant remember if i wrote this in hypercard (with
> some externals) or if this was a commercial application. anyone
> remember anything like this or have a simple process to do this?

Revolution has some commands for managing resources. I wrote a utility
stack for doing this which you are welcome to try
<http://www.troz.net/Rev/misc/ResourceCopier.rev.gz>. It's been a
while since I looked at it, so I don't know if there have been any
changes in recent version of Rev that might have affected it, but it
should give you some ideas anyway.

Cheers,
Sarah