How do I get the object under the mouse when mouseRelease?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Apr 30 20:30:21 EDT 2007

Tiemo,

It's not quite impossible.

If you turn on the message watcher, you will see that when you
drag-and-release, the following messages are sent in quick succession:

- mouseRelease to the original object
- mouseMove to the new object
- mouseLeave to the original object
- mouseEnter to the new object

Because this order is always the same, you could check for this pattern and
respond to it.