QT Support

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 16:48:09 EDT 2007

A One-Liner . . .

WELL . . .

Yes, and No:

Then you really need a platform detect routine
(another one-liner),
and then various cards/screens showing "those who
haven't a clue" how to install QuickTime.

[another boring story follows]

I have recently fooled my adult students into buying
CD-ROMs with a
variety of English pronunciation programs I have
cobbled together for Windows - that require QT.

Even with the QT detect and the instruction screens
(in Bulgarian - for Bulgarians) about 50% got "tied up
in knots" installing QT.

Not As Straight Forward As It Seems!

c.f. Reader Response Theory.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.