Standalone issue with Windows network file server

Paul Gries pgries at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Apr 30 15:14:22 EDT 2007

On 30 Apr 2007, at 3:02 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 13:30:44 -0400, Paul Gries wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm new to Revolution, although I'm a Hypercard addict from years and
>> years ago.  I'm writing an application for a company that needs the
>> application to be stored on their file server (standard Windows
>> TCP/IP networking environment, Windows NT 2000).  The problem: the
>> application freezes when "save this stack" is executed from a data
>> stack.  It works fine when it's run from the desktop, either in NT or
>> on my Mac, but when it's run from the server it completely locks up
>> (including the messages about the application not responding, do I
>> want to end it?).  The application is small: there are only a couple
>> dozen cards.
>
> So is this a standalone that is saving a data stack, or is this being
> saved from a locally-run copy of Revolution?

That is a standalone saving a data stack.  (I used the splash-screen
approach to building the standalone, using Rev. version 2.7.4.291, in
case it matters.)  There is the standalone splash screen stack, the
primary stack ("BlueMain", with a Save button), and three substacks
of BlueMain.  Saving either BlueMain or one of the substacks causes
the freeze.

Thanks!

Paul