[OT] CGI - web site help

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 00:28:16 EDT 2007

I have been trying to follow the advice I have been given for using
AJAX with my Rev CGI stuff. I have succeeded partially in that my
radio buttons send the correct parameters to a JavaScript function,
which gets the other data it needs from a text field.

However I have not managed to get any data back. Looking at the
examples, they seem to provide a way to get back a single chunk of
data that you then display within the existing web page. This may mean
that my CGI needs re-writing as it currently returns a complete page.

Effectively, what I want this AJAX stuff to do is to display a new web
page with supplied parameters. e.g. the web page might be:
<http://localhost/cgi-bin/catSearch.cgi?searchfor=1234&discount=0>.
If the 5% discount radio button is clicked, I then want the page
displayed to be
<http://localhost/cgi-bin/catSearch.cgi?searchfor=1234&discount=5>.

Is this possible, or do I need to change my Rev CGI so that it only
returns the results table, not a complete page?

Many thanks,
Sarah