click outside Rev?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 22:21:44 EDT 2007

On 4/27/07 2:14 PM, "Dick Kriesel" <dick.kriesel at mail.com> wrote:

> I¹d like to make a Rev app that drives another app by sending it clicks.  An
> example of such an app is a Help app that explains how to do something in
> another app, and offers a do-it-for-me button.
>
> I¹m using Mac OS X, hoping to drive a Windows app that¹s running in
> Parallels.  Could someone please tell me how, or offer any hints?

The only answer I know that would do what you want is QuicKeys.

QK Macros will deliver mouse events, etc to any window using a variety of
reference points.  It is very Applescriptable(two-way), can hold/define
variables in its own namespace (thus available across apps), do repeat loops
based on counters and variables and results.

If you use a rev app in the Parallels window to report its screenLoc, your
OSX app could track this and adjust, and can also send confirmation of a
mouse click received (and the result of the click)

Jim Ault
Las Vegas