problems with grouped images

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Tue Apr 24 15:22:36 EDT 2007

On Mon Apr 23, 2007, Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com wrote

> Hi Wilhelm,
>
> Yes, I just went back to a couple of projects where I do something
> similar and found out I had to create a 'background graphic' in order
> to preserve formattng. Thanks for documenting this on the list.
>
> I guess if you cannot draw graphics on a grouped image, you may wish
> to temporarily move the image outside the group, edit it, then move it
> back within the group. Just an idea.
>
> -Chipp

Chipp,

Both problems which I reported with grouped images are resolved at this
moment, but there was one more aspect of the drawing graphics issue no
one of us had mentioned before.

I had also tried to move the image out of the group, but that did *not*
work with the following script

"set the relayergroupedcontrols to true
  put the layer of img "eins" into tlayer
  set the layer of img "eins" to top
  send "mouseup" to btn "shape distortions"
  set the layer of img "eins" to tlayer
  set the relayergroupedcontrols to false".

Next step: I imported a referenced image outside the group and applied
the "distortion" button on it: Does not work.

Another step: Imported an image fully with its text data outside the
group: Button "distortion" now shows the expected effects.

Next step: Imported an image fully with its text data into the group:
Button "distortion" leaves the group image unaffected, but creates a new
image outside the group containing the distortions.

There seemed to be some issue between text-of-image data and the
imagedata, and next I tried to import a referenced image and immediately
set its imagedata to its imagedata.
Outside a group the graphics were drawn, with the same image inside the
group a *new* image was created as above.

Last test I performed on a referenced image inside the group:

I added the line "set the imagedata of img "eins" to the imagedata of
img "eins"" as the first line to the script of the distortion button,
then applied the first script above to move the image temporarily out of
the group:

Alas, this finally works (maybe as one of more possible workarounds?)!

Thanks to all who tried to help to figure this out.

Best regards,

Wilhelm