DotMac

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Tue Apr 24 10:47:33 EDT 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 5:55 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I received a request to create a programme that uploads and
> downloads files to the web space of a user's DotMac account. I
> don't feel like writing a WebDav client, unless it is the only way.
> Nor do I want the iDisk to appear on the desktop each time the
> application is used. Any thoughts about this?

You could use an AppleScript to mount the iDisk, or call mount_webdav
in a shell function. But both of these will actually mount the iDisk
volume. Although it's easy enough to unmount it again, it does look
messy.

Just curious, have you tried 'put ... into url' using the http scheme
with a username and password?

   put myFilePath into URL ("http://myUser:myPassword@myiDisk.mac.com/
myFile.txt")

I don't have a webdav server to try it out on just now.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University