Was cgi for slide show

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 23:32:37 EDT 2007

On 4/23/07 6:39 PM, "Hershel Fisch" <hershf at rgllc.us> wrote:
> On 4/23/07 8:31 PM, "Bill Marriott" <wjm at wjm.org> wrote:
>> The META tag has a "refresh" parameter which automatically switches to
>> slide2.html after 5 seconds.
> Thanks, that¹s my question, what is the file "slide2.html"?
> Or, folder "mySlideShow" which contains e.g. 5 .jpg files, for the slide
> show what is the slide2.html? That¹s not a .jpg file?
> Thanks, Hershel
>>
>>> Hi all, This was a post a while ago and I'm trying to figure this out
>>

>>> <META HTTP-EQUIV="Refresh" CONTENT="5;URL=MySlideShow/slide2.html">

In html, you need to go to another html document on a server somewhere.
In this case, it is in the MySlideShow/ directory on the same server as the
current document.  The current document could be named anything and it
contains a reference to "slide1.jpg"

  The next document that your browser will request (in 5 seconds) will be
"MySlideShow/slide2.html", and it will contain the "slide2.jpg" reference.
The "Refresh" only works for another document name.  Java script could be
used to trigger your browser to change the image within the current
document, but that requires some coding.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas