Was cgi for slide show

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Apr 23 22:05:51 EDT 2007

The html file is a "wrapper" for the image file. In this technique, each JPG
has an associated HTML file.

If you have five JPGs,

picture1.jpg
picture2.jpg
picture3.jpg
picture4.jpg
picture5.jpg

then you would create five HTML files...

index.html
slide2.html
slide3.html
slide4.html
slide5.html

each one would have the HTML code you supplied and the reference to the
corresponding JPG image. Index.html would refresh to slide2.html;
slide2.html would refresh to slide3.html, and so on until slide5.html, which
would refresh back to index.html.

The first is named "index.html" so that when people navigate to the folder
which holds these items, it will display the first page by default.

It's probably beyond the scope of the Revolution list to cover all the
things you need to know about beginning HTML, but hopefully that gets you
started.

"Hershel Fisch" <hershf at rgllc.us> wrote in message
news:C252D800.2418%hershf at rgllc.us...
On 4/23/07 8:31 PM, "Bill Marriott" <wjm at wjm.org>
wrote:

> The META tag has a "refresh" parameter which automatically switches to
> slide2.html after 5 seconds.
Thanks, that¹s my question, what is the file "slide2.html"?
Or, folder "mySlideShow" which contains e.g. 5 .jpg files, for the slide
show what is the slide2.html? That¹s not a .jpg file?
Thanks, Hershel