textHeight and textSize

Ferdinand fwvo at planet.nl
Mon Apr 23 15:24:22 EDT 2007

So I did the scripting like below.
But I wish there was a "fontHeight" property in Revolution...  :-(

  -- find size ratio...
-- field "fontRatio" is a table like this:
Arial, 1.14583
Comic Sans MS, 1.39583
Courier New, 1.13542
Geneva, 1.33333
Gill Sans, 1.14583
Helvetica, 1.19792
Palatino, 1.32292
Times, 1.19792
Times New Roman, 1.15625
Verdana, 1.21875
Zapfino, 3.375

   put (4/3) into myRatio    -- default
   put lineoffset (the effective textFont of field "text"  & ",",
field "fontRatio") into myline
   if myline > 0 and item 2 of line myline of field "fontRatio"  is
not empty then
     put  (item 2 of line myline of field "fontRatio") into myRatio
   end if

   set the textHeight of field "text"  to round (myRatio * the
textSize of field "text")