problems with grouped images (Wilhelm Sanke)

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Apr 23 11:58:47 EDT 2007

On Mon Apr 23, 2007, Glenn E. Fisher gefisher at mac.com wrote:

> > Any ideas for a third way to draw graphics on a grouped image?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Wilhelm Sanke
> > <http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>
>
> Wilhelm,
>
> This is not a way to change a grouped image, but a way to modify
> images used as icons of grouped buttons.  If you want to take a look,
> use revOnLine to downlaod my WarOfRoses stack under "gefisher" and
> edit the main stack script.  Look at the functions "modifyIcon" and
> "mergeImage" for some ideas.  This is used to add title and office
> images to the shield image for the noble buttons.
>
> Admittedly, these are small images and it may not be suitable for
> larger images.
>
> Just some ideas,
> Glenn--
> Glenn E. Fisher    University of Houston - Retired
> http://homepage.mac.com/gefisher

Glenn,

Great stack with sophisticated scripts.
I had a look at it and the functions you recommend for inspection, but I
have yet to play to game to see the practical effects.
As I see you merge two images - where the images are partially
transparent - to then change the button icons on the map.

You find a different approach to merge two images in the various scripts
of button "combine both images" of my Imagedata Toolkit (see my website)
- not yet comprising images with alpha masks at this time.

The problem I encountered and described in the first post of this thread
was that I did not  find a way to place graphics on a grouped image
using the "drag" command like it is easily possible with ungrouped images.

This is implemeted - for ungrouped images - in the Imagedata Toolkit
(newest version "...Preview 3") in the scripts of button "shape
distortions".
One of the upcoming versions of the toolkit will accomodate images of
any size which may be larger than the stack and/or the screen. To secure
a working and display area on the stack I have used the option to group
the image.

All filter and other image effects contained in the current Imagedata
Toolkit can be implemented in the new stack with variable image sizes,
with the exception - for the time being - of using he drag command on
the grouped image. Of course this image-distortion business is not too
important and I could easily leave it out, but I am curious if there
would be way to implement such an effect nevertheless.

Kind regards,

Wilhelm

<http://www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>