Check Sum

Scott Kane scott at cdroo.com
Mon Apr 23 06:58:48 EDT 2007

Hi people,

Been reading some of the great scripts online for Rev for encryption and
hashing etc.  One thing I've not been able to find (checked the doc's) is a
method to generate (and check) a check digit.  I can do this in assembly
just fine (not much use in Rev unless I code an external which for security
reasons I don't want to do).  Is there a method I've missed that would allow
a number (hex aware preferably) that allows one to do this?

Note that the results I manage to glean for this will be published in an
article for the Revolution newsletter in regards to license systems and anti
piracy measures.  I have a system in Delphi and C++ that I wish to translate
into Rev and then share the results within that article (including code).

Scott