Some longest common substring routines

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Apr 22 18:45:15 EDT 2007

> From: Chipp Walters <chipp at chipp.com>
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:08:10 -0500
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Some longest common substring routines
>
> Thanks Terry.
>
> I've been spending some time developing a cross-platform set of 3D
> plugins using wxPython lately. Quite an experience. There are certain
> many things to like about Python, and even wxPython (cross platform
> GUI wrapper for Python using wxWidgets). But, I have to say, I'm
> certainly not as facile in Py scripting as I am in Revolution!
>
> One interesting thing about Python (and other true object oriented
> languages) is the plethora and ease of use in creating reusable
> classes and libraries. There are certainly many of them out there as
> well. Come to think of it, there are really few common libraries for
> use in Rev. Too bad.

Hi Chipp,

I must admit to not knowing a whole lot about Python. My limited exposure to
it is through a work colleague uses it to create productivity tools (chiefly
for crunching data) and swears by it. As you suggest, he often seems to be
able to find existing libraries/routines to do much of what he wants. And it
has real arrays!

Regards,

Terry...