OT: Mac question

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Apr 21 15:25:04 EDT 2007

Jim Ault wrote:
> I fire up Path Finder when that is important.
> About 18 months ago I investigated any way of 3rd party or other to show the
> path in all that space that is available, but could find nothing.  I do lots
> of /web/ file paths and this is a real pain.  I guess it is something about
> a file that we are easily supposed to observe.  If multiple Finder windows
> are open, I have found no way of displaying the full path.
>
> Another welcome feature of Path Finder is the right-click > copy path as
> UNIX, HFS, Terminal(spaces escaped), URL, Name

I have this same need.. all the time.

I have a small rev utility "Favorites" that is always open.
Among other things it as this drop field:

--> all handlers

on dragEnter
   set the acceptDrop to true
   end dragEnter

on dragDrop
   put  dragData["files"] into tPaths
   set the clipboarddata["text"] to tPaths
   put tPaths into me

end dragDrop

I just drag folders or file(s) onto this and my clipboard is loaded.