millisec test timings and screen refresh rate

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 22:40:45 EDT 2007

Phil,
  LCDs got a bad reputation for speed ten years ago. They are much
improved now. For instance modern LCD TVs are fast enough to display
action scenes without blur. To see how much they have improved just
move your mouse around the screen; you probably won't see any
"submarining" at all.
  Of course there is some speed difference among screens - at the
millisecond level.
  Would it work better, for your purposes, to have the test screen
appear behind a blocking screen, then, instead of making the original
screen appear, make the blocking screen disappear? Might be faster and
more predictable.
 Paul Looney