Using non standard characters with a format statement

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Thu Apr 19 17:25:26 EDT 2007

I'd guess that the engine thinks that "plat" is a function, and the
(1) is a parameter...so assuming that "guess,plat(1)" is a string you
want to format, simply enclosing it in quotes should cure the
problem, so:

put format("%11s %9s\n" , "guess, plat(1)")  into fld "myReport"

if 'guess' is a variable then

put format("%11s %9s\n" , guess, "plat(1)")  into fld "myReport"

Best,

Mark