Standalone application problem

Andrew Lian -nswc andrew.lian at andrewlian.com
Wed Apr 18 19:21:18 EDT 2007

Dear All

Please forgive yet another newbie question.

I have stack which plays a sound file played through a playerobject.
Its path is identified in the player's "Source" property. Let's say it
is C:/sounds/apl.wav.

The file plays perfectly well in the development environment and on my
computer.

I now make a standalone application - and it is produced ok. However,
my sound file can no longer be heard. Either it has not been
automatically packaged into the application or there is a path problem.

I have tried to include the relevant file in the package by using the
"Copy Files" setting of the "Standalone application settings" but that
seems to make no difference. Is there some legible documentation
somewhere of how to prepare the files so that the whole package gets
produced correctly with the correct paths? DO I have to respect the
original paths and recreate them on any computer which tries to run
the standalone?

Many thanks
Andrew