Rev as Web Server CGI programming language?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Apr 18 13:41:45 EDT 2007

Kee, I'm pretty sure that what happens is that each connection spawns
an instance not just of the initial text script, but of the rev CGI
engine, and therefore also whatever stacks (each instance of) it
loads into memory.

The propblem, as you have suggested, is what happens when 100
separate processes all try to save the stack to the same stackfile at
the same time.

I don't know, but maybe an environment variable could be set when
saving, and cleared when finished, so each process could check on
whether it's safe to save by looking at the envirionment varaiable,
and waiting til it's clear before saving.

Or maybe, depending on the needs of the application, data could be
saved in separate  text files for each process.

Best,

Mark