Resizing and geometry

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Apr 18 10:34:04 EDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:15:07 +0200, Nic Prioleau wrote:

> Hello all..
>
> I am having a really annoying problem when maximizing my stack and
> would like to know if I can trace what happens when clicking on the
> maximize button. Instead of maximizing the window as it should, it
> actually makes the window smaller than it should be, although the
> maxWidth is 1024 and the maxHeight is 706. Is there anything I should
> be looking out for here?

Well, the only time clicking the maximize button would make the window
*smaller* (AFAIK) would be if the window was *already* maximized before
the maximize button was clicked - it would restore the window to its
previous, un-maximized size. The only other thing I can think of is
that your monitor is set to 1024x768 and the width you're getting is
not 1024 but something smaller; this would be caused by the fact that
Rev applies a margin around the edges of the screen and above the task
bar/dock when it sets the windowBoundingRect. If that's the case, then
manually setting the windowBoundingRect to the full screen size before
you deal with this window should take care of it.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/