scaling and positioning proportionally an object at the same time

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Apr 18 09:47:47 EDT 2007

Bonjour Christian,

Le 18 avr. 07 à 15:18, Christian Langers a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I try since hours to do this :
>
> I have an image (photo) on a stack which scales to the right and
> down on resizing the stack (via Geometry Manager); I have a graphic
> (rectangle) placed at a precise location on the image (the user
> selects a portion of the image to hilite something on it);
>
> Now I want that when the user resizes the window the graphic scales
> and moves (up/down) proportionaly to the image , so that the
> rectangle grows and shrinks with the image hiliting always the same
> portion of the image (e.g. an eye of a face); I hope you follow
> (it's difficult to explain this in English)...
>
> I tried to use the GM in REv, but ...brrr... the graphic jumps away
> from its original position when resizing...
> So... please ! Heeeelp... This is getting me on my nerves ;-)
> Thanks for any suggestions or solutions...
>
> Christian
> from Luxembourg

Actually don't trust the Geometry Manager and prefer to write your
own routines in a resizeStack handler ;-)
Here is, for instance, an excerpt from such a handler:

on resizeStack pNewW,pNewH,pOldW,pOldH -- note params passed by Rev ;-)
   global gPrefs
   -----
   if gPrefs["uAdds"] then ProportionalWResize the long name of img
"ToolbarShadow",pNewW,114
   else ProportionalWResize the long name of img "ToolbarShadow",pNewW,0
   pass resizeStack
end resizeStack

And:

on ProportionalWResize pObj,pNewW,pDelta
   local tRect
   -----
   put the rect of pObj into tRect
   put pNewW - pDelta into item 3 of tRect
   set the rect of pObj to tRect
end ProportionalWResize

Of course, the above example is simple and, sometimes, it might
appear more tricky...
But actually, Rev allows to script any complex resizing in any case ;-)
Good luck!

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.
http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/