Another 2.6.1 Linux bug to confirm ASAP

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Tue Apr 17 11:41:32 EDT 2007

In general, I am not attempting to do much serious programming until the
new version of Rev/Linux is released. However, amongst other things I
have produced a set of picture/file chooser widgets which require
correction ASAP. Hopefully, these widgets will work satisfactorily under
the new Rev/Linux, so I am anxious that the following does not escape
the attention of the Rev engineers.

Please confirm this bug:

Under Ubuntu 6.06.1 (Dapper Drake) the folder "/tmp/keyring-7YDyE5" has
a single FILE in it called "socket". There are no hidden files or
folders. Note the results of these 2 experiments:

on mouseUp
  set the defaultFolder to "/tmp/keyring-7YDyE5"
  put the files into field "test"
end mouseUp

Gives the following:

socket  --CORRECT

----------------------------------

on mouseUp
  set the defaultFolder to "/tmp/keyring-7YDyE5"
  put the folders into field "test"
end mouseUp

Gives the following:

..    --FAIR ENOUGH
socket    --WOSSIS?

----------------------------------

It seems that apart from being a file, Rev also thinks that "socket" is
a folder!
Anyone have any ideas about what might be provoking this?
It happens with some other folders too, but so far I have not been able
to spot any kind of common factor among them.

Richmond wrote:

went to Bugzilla, lost my password, requested new one
and got a

token

and instructios to click on it - nothing doing?

help me please!

When this happened to me, I thought it was probably a problem with my particular account, that has been in a bit of an undiagnosed mess for years now. And I still haven't managed to find my old password, so I'm snookered. Did you manage to get yours sorted out Richmond? If so, perhaps TS could also do the same for me. Otherwise, if the above bug is confirmed, perhaps Jacque could make sure that the Rev engineers know about it.

Thanks in advance.

Bob