AltBrowser newbie question...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri Apr 13 14:24:26 EDT 2007

Recently, Jim Carwardine wrote:

>>> I've just installed AltBrowser and am starting to play with it.  I can't
>>> seem to get the AltBrowser window to display a url.  I have installed the
>>> plug-in and also the stack in my application.
>>> When I look at the docs through the demo, it launches the window *and*
>>> connects with the rev url no problem.

>> It might help to duplicate the demo stack and use that as a starting point
>> for your own stack.  If you're using the code in the demo stack, you'll
>> notice that it references some stack-based properties to determine whether
>> or not to display the browser object -- this is an issue that tripped me up
>> during development.

> I already have a stack I want to put AltBrowser into.  Is
> there is a section of the stack script that can be pasted into the substack
> it created for me... I can't seem to find anything I can use that way.  The
> "Go" button on the created substack references a handler called...

What I did:

1) Established a rect to display the browser object (I used a graphic).

2) Copied the scripts of the demo browser stack into the script of my stack,
referencing the above graphic, commenting out handlers I didn't need.

3) Duplicated the custom properties of the demo browser stack in my stack.
This is necessary if you use the altBrowser scripts without any
modification.

4) Make sure the altBrowserState of your stack (one of the custom properties
mentioned above) is true.  Again, you need to do this if you use the demo
scripts word-for-word.  You can modify the scripts so this property setting
is unnecessary.

Good luck.

Regards,

Scott Rossi