AW: Ugly fonts

Signe Marie Sanne signe.sanne at roman.uib.no
Thu Apr 12 09:31:05 EDT 2007

Thanks to you and to Bill for your useful information. Here's what I
have found out after testing (I use Verdana all over):

Resolutions 1024x768 and 1152x864:

With textsize 18 and 24, plain style (white text on coloured
background) I would recommend my users to turn on Clear type
Textcolor 100,100,100 (greyish black), textstyle bold, textsize 13
and 14 may appear a little too hard/dark with Clear type on.

Resolution 1280x1024: It does not matter whether Clear type or
Standard or none is used.

SIgne Marie Sanne