XP and Vista question

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Apr 11 00:51:13 EDT 2007

Been reading this same sort of doom and gloom regarding Microsoft for
years. When MS makes mistakes (frequently), they often do change their
course-- and quickly.

Back in 2002, MS announced Palladium trusted computing bound to the
chip, would be involved in it's next version of WinXP. With it,
software developers could license directly to the processor serial
number. There was such a big outcry, that it was quickly dismissed.
Looks like they're taking another run at it- but I imagine it will be
bypassed quickly by smart developers who know what their customers
want.

Now with Jobs pushing for non-DRM'd music (yay!), I expect even more
pressure will come to bear on MS's draconian DRM practices. And MS
stockholders and Wall Street won't suffer their stupidity long on this
issue. I predict it will be a non-issue in 12 months.

-Chipp