image data

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Tue Apr 10 20:53:36 EDT 2007

Wilhelm, I would think that it's not possible with JPEGs and PNGs ,
since they are compressed formats, and running filters on them would
be a bit like trying to run a spellcheck on a zipped text file. With
uncompressed formats like TIFFs, you would have to parse the file
headers to extract the actual pixel data, which is presumably going
to be the same data as the imageData.

Best,

Mark