Back to the Future: Classic support?

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 20:36:35 EDT 2007

Sean,

Actually, I've got an app for Mac Classic that accesses a MySQL
database just fine. There's a trick to getting it to work, though.
There is something funny with the Mac Classic engine and Valentina.
For some reason the two are bound together. So the trick to getting an
app to work with MySQL is to build it with both MySQL and Valentina
support (using 2.6.1, the latest to support Mac Classic). Using this
method builds a standalone that should be able to access a MySQL
database without problems.

The part I can't remember is whether or not it's necessary to leave
the Valentina library next to the app. You might have to just try it
with and without it.

Hope that helps.

Chris Sheffield