Back to the Future: Classic support?

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 15:21:11 EDT 2007

My kids' G3 Combo drive iMac was having a "bit of a
crunchy time" with Mac OS 10.4 so I scrubbed it and
loaded up Mac 9.2.1 - took it downstairs to the school
and bought the macMini upstairs for the kids (OK, OK,
I know I shouldn't spoil the monsters). The G3 iMac is
just the ticket for showing Longman DVDs and listening
CDs to the long-suffering students I teach.

The students use my RR programs on the Ubuntu boxes -
however, for Demo purposes it might not be a bad thing
to show some of them on the G3 upfront - so loaded RR
2.0.1 "Free" and some things did not work too well.

So? will the upcoming 2.9 feature Classic support -
and will there be a Revolution player for classic that
can handle the new stack format?

further to that - I am thinking of going to Scotland
in the summer and liberating the 3 PPC Macs I have
mouldering in my attic there - and, just possibly
using them instead of the Ubuntu boxes from then on.

Why?

Ease of use for students.

sincerely, Richmond Macintosh.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.