Changing the Application menu name on OS X

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Apr 10 14:32:58 EDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:04:01 -0500, Peter T. Evensen wrote:

> Is there any way to change the default application menu name on Mac
> OS X.  I have a stack that changes it's name (i.e., title bar name)
> depending on a configuration file.  The default application menu in
> the upper left (next to the apple), however, doesn't change.  Is
> there some way to change menu name?

Sorry, Peter, the name comes from a value in the info.plist file inside
the application bundle on OS X. Although you could change it
programmatically, you wouldn't see the change until you quit and
relaunched the app, and even then I'm not sure it that would work
without changing the corresponding engine name to be the same as what's
in the info.plist. Doable, but not easy.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/