HC converted stacks

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Mon Apr 9 06:58:27 EDT 2007

Hi from Paris,

I will be without Classic on my new iMac G5, so I took the much delayed
plunge, and in one day, converted my many HC stacks to Revolution
(2.6.1 Build 152). Things seemed to work quite well, although I will
have to modify many of my scripts, as I leaned heavily on external
XCMDs and XFCNs (many thanks to Mr. Rinaldi et alia). I will end up
rebuilding them all entirely, simply because Rev stacks can be so much
more "jazzy" to look at. But, until then, I want to clean up the
scripts a little, so that the stacks execute to some degree of
efficiency.

However, a few problems are bugging me and I don't know how or why they
occur. When I open a HC converted stack,  Examples :

1 - When I select a field or button with the pointer tool, the "up",
"down", "left" and "right" arrows on the keybord don't work any more. I
can't move my fields/buttons step by step.

2 - I get strange errors flagged, such as "Repeat: error in statement"
for a script command" "repeat forever", and "Handler: error in
statement" for a script command "go to card 1". I can find NO errors in
my scripts.

Can anybody shed any light on either of these problems ? Are there any
important "Do's" and "Don'ts" for those converting stacks from HC ?