Problems with passworded stacks?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Sun Apr 8 20:59:29 EDT 2007

On Apr 8, 2007, at 7:00 PM, Malte Brill wrote:

> This renders the password useless, as it allows access to the
> scripts then, unless you revert the stack or remove it from memory
> and reopen it.
>
> Bill Marriott wrote:
>
>> Well, it will work, but you have to unlock the stack at runtime
>> with the
>> correct passkey.
>
> "Malte Brill" wrote,
>
> > are you copying or cloning anything in your protected stack? That
> won´t
> > work.

I discovered that if I unpassword two of my stacks (where most of the
action is) behavior in the application returns to normal. There is
some copying and cloning going on, and that does explain some of the
misbehavior, but NOT all of it.

Bill, you mean if I unlock the stacks at runtime, the stacks will run
normally? Can I do that just once during execution and they'll be
unlocked in memory for the duration? If so, maybe I can set the
passkey(s) at startup EXCEPT in the presence of the IDE and thereby
deny script-reading. Does that sound as if it would work?

Tereza Snyder

    Califex Software, Inc.
    www.califexsoftware.com