Lock screen and 'Go card' not working

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Thu Apr 5 15:14:28 EDT 2007

On Apr 5, 2007, at 11:48 AM, Ian McKnight wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion but I believe that I have to select the
> object at some stage because it needs to be moved and renamed etc.

You don't need to select an object to move it or rename it or group
it. If you have its long ID, which you can obtain after you make it
either with "create" or with "clone": e.g.

clone grp "unsweetened"
put the long ID of it into tMyGrp1
set the topleft of tMyGrp1 to tTopLeft1
set the name of tMyGrp1 to "special dark"

clone grp "unsweetened"
put the long ID of it into tMyGrp2
set the topleft of tMyGrp2 to tTopLeft2
set the name of tMyGrp2 to "semi sweet"

then later, you can group the objects you created with the "group"
command:

group tMyGrp1 and tMyGrp2 and grp "unsweetened"

I create, clone and copy objects constantly in scripts, and I _never_
have to use "select"

Tereza Snyder

    Califex Software, Inc.
    www.califexsoftware.com