Lock screen and 'Go card' not working

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:04:06 EDT 2007

Hi

It's definitely something in the loop I just described. When I loop 6
times and put 16 lock screen statements at the top of the main script
everything works as it should ie I don't see card 1.

However if I loop 7 times (for a 7 period day) I must put an extra 2
lock screen messages at the top of the script to have the same affect.

Something in the loop seems to be cancelling the lock screen statements.

for completeness only I reproduce the changeFieldNames handler

on changeFieldNames theNextPeriod, tgrpName
  set the name of fld tcolumnName of grp tgrpName of cd "timeTable" to
tcolumnName& theNextPeriod

  repeat with theDay = 1 to 5

    put "period-" & (theDay) & "/" into tPername

    put "Colour-" & (theDay) & "/" into tPerColourName

    set the name of field tPername of grp tgrpName of cd "timeTable"
to tPername&theNextPeriod

    set the name of field tPerColourname of grp tgrpName of cd
"timeTable" to tPerColourname&theNextPeriod

  end repeat

end changeFieldNames

I have to say that I don't know what could be causing this :(

Thanks again for you suggestions.

Regards

Ian

Ian McKnight