Lock screen and 'Go card' not working

Ian McKnight iangmcknight at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 5 10:46:11 EDT 2007

Hi Eric

Inspired! I've just tried that and I'm getting strange results:

I'm building a timetable grid. So I clone a master column and populate
it with the days of the week. To achieve this I call the following
handler

on cloneGroup tnewGrpName
  select grp "masterColumnGrp" of cd "timeTable" of this stack
  clone the selectedObject
  select it
  set the visible of it to true

   put the lockscreen &&&cr after msg -----------------------

  set the name of the selectedobject to tnewgrpName
  select empty
end cloneGroup

For the first call lockscreen is true

I now start a loop to clone the same master column but the first
topmost field is populated with the loop counter value. The same
cloneGroup handler is used here also. Again for each loop lockscreen
is also true.

The only handler that is called after this in the loop simply changes
field names and populates fields with data.

However as soon as the loop finishes the lockscreen is false!

Here is the code for the loop concerned

 repeat with theNextPeriod = 1 to thePeriodDay
    put tgrpNameStem& theNextPeriod into tGrpName -- renames the cloned group

    -- leave a space after the day column and
    -- make a space to indicate break and lunch
    if theNextPeriod = 1 or theNextPeriod = tbreakAfter+1 or
theNextPeriod = tLunchAfter +1
    then
      put tbreakGap into tGap
    else
      put tColGap into tGap
    end if

    -- 64 pixels is the width of 1 period field
    put (item 1 of theStartLoc  + 64 + tGap )&comma& (item 2 of
theStartLoc) into theStartLoc

    cloneGroup tGrpName
    changeFieldNames theNextPeriod, tgrpName

    -- display the period number in the top most field
    put theNextPeriod into fld (tColumnName & theNextPeriod) of grp
tGrpName of cd "timeTable"

    -- move the new column into position
    set the loc of grp tGrpName of cd "timeTable" to theStartLoc
  end repeat

  put the lockscreen &&"3"&cr after msg ------------------ this is now false

For a 6 period day the lockscreen is

true  -- at the start of this loop
true :1 -- remains true for each of 6 iterations
true :2
true :3
true :4
true :5
true :6

true 3 -- at the end of the loop

I can' t see why moving groups and renaming fields within them should
cause locksccreen to change state!

Thanks again

lockscreen is true

--