Work around for Beep not working on RunRev 2.7.x+

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 4 22:12:51 EDT 2007

Bill wrote:

> I am glad I can talk about this stuff to the list here because I tried using
> the bug report way once and was told that the invisible gray background is a
> feature and I'm sure I would be told that the command to tell the number of
> times to beep which doesn't work without adding another command is a feature
> too.

I'm glad you talk here too. :)

I don't think RR would tell you that the beep thing is a "feature", I
think it is just the way different operating systems work. The Rev docs
are consistent in identifying Mac OS and Mac OS X as different operating
systems. The "beep" entry talks about Windows and Mac OS X having the
problem, but it doesn't mention Mac OS or Linux. I think Rev's beep
command would probably work just as you expect on a native OS 9 machine.
(Maybe someone with a native OS 9 Mac could take a look?)

It seems to me that the docs are explaining a system limitation, but I
agree that the engine could probably be altered without too much trouble
to support multiple beeps on any OS.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com