Using Shell to copy files

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Apr 4 21:58:26 EDT 2007

> Nic,
>
> Here are some ideas:
>
> Try opening a folder using the tip posted at sonsothunder.com. It will
> prompt the user you for a username/pass combo and you should be good to
go.
> Also, check out the function shortFilePath()

I just tried the sonsothunder.com tip and found that it works fine if the
network location is mapped to a drive letter (even prompts for password if
not connected). However, if you use a UNC path to a server which you have
not yet entered a user/pass, it does NOT prompt for user/pass. All it does
in this situation is opens the C:/ drive.

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>