Work around for Beep not working on RunRev 2.7.x+

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Wed Apr 4 15:24:05 EDT 2007

Thanks for explaining it for me. This is another example of RunRev doing
something that you smart "high falutin" programmers understand and find
acceptable but that I (as an amateur and former HyperCard user) find as
something that should just be fixed like the gray background color that
appears white.

Maybe this is a two camps thing between those that understand programming
and those like me who want to use RunRev to do stuff like I formerly used
HyperCard and like I use Photoshop or Excel and when I use it to do stuff
I'd like it to make sense at least for the simple things I understand.

In other words I understand "beep twice" and I expect the software to
understand it too.

I am glad I can talk about this stuff to the list here because I tried using
the bug report way once and was told that the invisible gray background is a
feature and I'm sure I would be told that the command to tell the number of
times to beep which doesn't work without adding another command is a feature
too.