Work around for Beep not working on RunRev 2.7.x+

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 4 13:30:39 EDT 2007

Bill wrote:
> I have rev 2.8 build 350 on powerbook g4
>
> When I type beep (in message box) it beeps once
> When I type beep one it beeps once
> When I type beep two it beeps once
> When I type beep three it beeps twice
> When  I type beep four it beeps three times
>
> Etc.

Normal behavior. See the docs:

"Cross-platform note:  Windows and OS X do not execute the beep command
if it's issued while a beep is playing. This means that if you specify a
numberOfTimes on a Windows or OS X system, the user might hear fewer
beeps because not all of them are sent to the speaker. To ensure that
the user hears a specific number of beeps, use a loop with a wait
command (where the wait time is at least as long as the beep sound's
duration) after each beep:"

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com