Question (more or less) about arrays

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Apr 3 19:58:55 EDT 2007

how should an array behave in an xtalk language? In my opinion it
should try to anticipate the use people would want of it, as well as
behaving the same every time (consistence). With that in mind, I would
let an array accessed trough "put myArray" return the same as when one
would do this:
combine myArray using (the linedelimiter) and (the itemdelimiter)
put myArray
split myArray using (the linedelimiter) and (the itemdelimiter)

So an array would basically give it's content, but remain an array.
This of course would allow to get the myCustompropertyset of an object
the same way.

If one want's to test whether something is an array one would need to
do the same as today, namely test whether the keys of myArray is empty.

Maybe an addition to the "is a" for arrays would be nice too? And while
we're at it where are the "is among the keys" and "is among the
elements" tests?

Arrays are fun to improve :)
Björnke

--