use-revolution Digest, Vol 43, Issue 3

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Apr 3 17:43:40 EDT 2007

Fred moyer wrote:

>> Seems like you found the cause:  global variables can be updated at
>> any
>> time by any script, so the Variable Watcher posts messages to
>> itself to
>> update periodically so it can show current values.
>
> Sorry, but did you possibly misread what I wrote? Closing the Message
> Box (not the Variable Watcher) brought the cpu back down to normal.
> But I don't know much about the inner workings of Revolution, so
> maybe there's some connection between the Message Box and Variable
> Watcher that I don't know about.
>
> Again, this issue is intermittent. But I've only noticed it with 2.8.
> Sometimes, closeing a palette that I created will slow it down.
> Twice, I think (not sure about this) closing the Application Browser
> slowed things down.

The Message Box contains panes which display pending messages, global
vars, and more.

But I'm not sure that's the root cause now, at least not by itself.
I've left Rev open a while in the background with the Message Box open,
and it never uses more than about 2-5% of CPU time.

Any plugins running in your installation?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation