Yet another Newbie Question

Simon HARPER simon.harper at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Apr 3 12:20:49 EDT 2007

Hi there,
so I've a couple of questions (which may be silly)

1) If I create version 1 of an application which saves data as a
stack - then create version 2 which adds functionality (but probably
doesn't change the data format) how do I get the stack data from
version 1 into the newly installed version 2?

2) It seems that a good idea is to create a Library and Data Manager
stack, so now I'm wondering is it 'better' to push all data to disk,
as say xml or text, then reload it all into an array in the Data
Manager and then step through the array and perform all other actions
on the array - if you like - a kind of abstraction? which leads me to
the question - is there the concept of a record structure as in c/c++
or is it best to use a 2 dimensional array?

Sorry once again if this is all obvious.

Cheers
Si.

====
Simon Harper